terça-feira, 10 de maio de 2011

GSoC 2011 - Bonding period

Hello people

The GSoC 2011 has begun. Until May 22 is the bonding period. In this time, the students should contact their organizations and mentors to talk about their projects.

This year I will have two mentors to help me accomplish the project, Mr. Jehan and Mr. Andreas. They are helping me a lot. Jehan teach me how use the GitHub, and integrate it with our IRC channel (irc.freenode.net #phppgadmin). Every time I push something to my phppgadmin fork, the GitHub send a message by IRC with informations about it. I liked a lot this feature.

According to my activities, the first task is to drop the current plugin architecture. It is deprecated, and the only ppa plugin has a lot of intrusive code inside phppgadmin. Jehan teach me how use branches with GIT, I have already created a branch and pushed it to my phppgadmin fork. When Jehan and Andreas validate my patch, I will merge it with my main line of work. And after, I will pull to main phppgadmin project.

Now I am working on the basic plugin structure. I hope to finish it on time, and start working on other subjects :-)

That's it for now people, see you soon...

Nenhum comentário: